LG

Thursday, June 3, 2010

I've got nothing but Trunk.

No really, I think I'm just tired and therefor feeling uninspired so I don't have anything super exciting to blog about but I can't tell you all about my awesome trunk.
I found this trunk at a yard sale I just stumbled upon. It was only $5!
The refurbishing process has been taking me a long time but I'm loving it. I decided I wanted to paint it grey and use some decorative paper for the front 2 panels then add some fun knobs. Well, grey #1 was much too blue, Grey #2 was too brown, Grey #3 was just wrong. Finally, I have found a color that I love

Here it is when I got it: 
After the first paint job. Too blue-
 
The final, awesome paint color. It photographs a little light-

Here is the paper I'm going to order for the front panels, it is from Snow & Graham:

Once I apply that I get to pick out 2 awesome knobs. Most likely from Anthropologie. I can't wait to get this trunk finished.

Oh, and here is the inspiration photo for this project (from design sponge):

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had the talent to find things and make them pretty. But alas, I'm the ass that overpays for things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The paper you found is perfect! Can't wait to see the final product....excellent job!

    ReplyDelete