LG

Friday, May 28, 2010

OCD






I am obsessed (pun semi intended) with OCD. I find it insanely intriguing and I kind of wish I had OCD (I know, I know, It's not all I think it's cracked up to be). I like the idea I have of it, like Monk. If I could, I'd totally marry him and live in his perfect, clean house.
I realize these people hate their actions and it's not a fun thing to live with but I'm still very much interested.

I was just watching a new show on VH1 about it and so far it's very interesting. They have 6 people in the house and will be doing therapy and what not with them to help them work through their ocd.

I hate, hate, hate when people pull the OCD card though. It seems like everybody at some point says "Oh I'm so ocd" "yea I have ocd" when referring to one thing they do that's anal. I hate this. Being a neat freak or doing one thing in a certain order does not make you ocd. I have weird little things I'll do but I could never say I am ocd. Here are my weird behaviours:

-I like all things in the pantry, cupboards and fridge to be lined up, labels facing outward or at a certain angle.
-I like the closet to be organized by length of dress/ skirt. If I could figure out how to do that along with color I'd be very happy.
-Books in height order. Again, if I could figure out how to organize my books by author/ height/ color that would be awesome.
-Sometimes when I hear a word I have to spell it. Until I spell it I keep repeating it over and over.
-When I have a list of things to do I'll say them over and over in my head even after I've completed them.

So, there's my little dose of crazy (still, not ocd).

What's yours?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I have the same OCD 'thing' about spelling, but it's when I SEE the word, or a license plate. I will repeat it in my head for maybe 15 minutes....or a house number.
    Counting steps whether going up or down them. I must do it, every time...to myself of course.

    ReplyDelete