LG

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Sketches: This is New York

My obsession with alliteration knows no bounds, so maybe it's time to do something special on Sundays. I'll give it a try.

Miroslav Sasek was an amazing illustrator and author of the This is... children's book series. They were originally published back in the 60's but were reissued in 2003.

I always see them online at places like Anthropologie or my favorite blogs, and consider buying them for my nieces. I've never actually peeked inside one though, until today.
Here are some pages from This is New York. I am absolutely in love with it and will be buying a copy or two the next time a Birthday rolls around.
Aren't the retro illustrations beautiful? I could see designing a nursery based on them.
I plan on buying some of his other books, you can look forward to me blogging about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment