LG

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Let me tell you about my best friend...

 Mom!



I wanted to do something like this for her on her Birthday but I was in San Francisco and it just did not work out so I figure Mother's Day is the perfect make up opportunity.
I have been blessed with the best mom I could ever have. Growing up she was always fun and encouraging and had the perfect balance of strictness. 
I remember her pulling me out of school early one sunny day to go home and bake snickerdoodles and the fact that she tried to work just part time so she could drop me off and pick me up herself. No school bus for this lucky girl ;)

Now, don't get me wrong, we had our differences. I had those moments of "You don't understand!" and "You're wrong" but as I've gotten older I've learned that she did understand, and she was right. Dad and I always picked on her for throwing everything away and constantly cleaning. This is just one of the many things I've inherited from her and am proud of.

Now I give her a call every day after work on my drive home so she can patiently listen to me talk about myself for an hour. She's the best listener, advice giver and most dedicated blog follower (dad, you're an extremely close 2nd). She truly is my best friend.

I love you mama!

2 comments:

  1. You are right, your mom is the best. She always made it a point to put you and your brother first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart you are!! Two days in a row now, I have started my day with tears....but all in a good way.
    Thank you for such nice words, baby girl.
    You brought back some wonderful memories for me and remind me of how blessed I am to have you.

    ReplyDelete