I got this trunk forever ago for $5 at a yard sale. Since then I have painted it many shades of grey before settling on Behr's Dark Granite. The next step was settling on a paper for the front 2 panels. I was leaning towards this lovely Snow & Graham paper. However, I procrastinated on ordering it and while in San Francisco last month I fell in love with this Midori paper. My mom was sweet enough to get me the knobs I wanted from Anthropologie as a Christmas present.
Since I brought the paper home I measured and cut it to fit the front panels. I had one bad attempt before successfully mod podging it to the front. The trick there was to use a very thin, light layer. Otherwise I soaked the paper and it bubbled.
Trunk from local yard sale -$5
Pint of paint # 3 -$8
Paper (2 sheets) -$12
Knobs (2) FREE
Total cost: $25
Now, if we add those 2 failed paint attempts it brings the project total to $41 but let's just not.
All in all this $5 project clearly cost me more than I'd expected but I'm pleased with how it turned out and pretty proud of my first furniture refurbish attempt. Plus, I have a lot of extra grey paint ;)
Now, for the finished photos:
Yes, that paint's on there thick and the wood is beat up in spots. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not the best painter and get impatient. As I mentioned the other day, my photo skills have been lacking lately.